2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Good for a few years....unreliable after warranty! by Owner from Seattle. on 02/17/2006. Trim: 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere, Owned 4 years.
Pros: In the first year or two of owning this vehicle, I had few complaints. LOVED the rear parking assist, heated & comfortable seats, gas mileage was good, kids loved the DVD. It was & did everything I could imagine, but then....
Cons: Things started breaking down and/or just plain shutting down. At this point (4 yrs into ownership and 20K miles after warranty): - Heated Seats do not work and no one can seem to fix them (this was a problem that we had even WHILE under warranty, they were fixed three times under warranty and have been "fixed" once since then!) - dash lighting is going out (1/2 lights, other 1/2 is dark!) - front defogger fan make a TERRIBLE noise when turned on. - drivers side heater sounds like it is blowing up when turned on - rear wiper stopped working - wireless headphones are not working consistently. - My residual value is almost nothing!
Overall review: For the cost of these vehicles (GM branded minivans), they should have better accessory reliability. Don't get me wrong, this car has never broke down on us or anything but the little nagging problems with the items listed above could drive you crazy & cost you $$! We are fixing the important problems and trading this in for a Honda or a Toyota! Maybe we'll finally have a car that will hold up over time!
nice by richfromspringhill on 12/30/2002. Trim: 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: betterthanexpected
The Ultimate travel Vehicle. by A CarPoint Consumer on 05/26/2002. Trim: 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: very comfortable to drive and it has unbielable gas mileage. smooth ride.
Cons: none
Overall review: I LOVE this vehicle.
The Ultimate Mini-Van by A CarPoint Consumer on 03/30/2002. Trim: 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the sliding doors and the DVD player. I also like the battery rundown protection. I also like the OnStar on the vehicle. I like the large fuel tank on the vehicle 25 gallons.
Cons: Nothing at all.
Overall review: This is a great family mover with all the bells and whistles I would recommend it.
Sweet Silo's! by TJMonk on 05/09/2014. Trim: 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Just don't understand why GM chose to not continue with this flagship brand as I owned an '01 Silhouette for twelve years, put more than 400,000 miles on the clock and loved almost every second behind the wheel. Comfortable, smooth ride with the turning circle of a pocket economy car, the Silo was just sweet; and with surprising mpg for a minivan. Tried others and am hoping to find a low miles '02 - '04 to head into the sunset.
Cons: Hey, 410,000 + miles and I don't have any complaints. Okay, head gasket once, fuel pump twice, rebuilt trans at 305,000; as I said, no complaints.
Overall review: Sweet!
2 3 4 5 6  Next