2002 Audi S4

2 3 4 5 6  Next
fast high maintence sedane by foxxy from tacoma on 12/07/2007. Trim: 2002 Audi S4 Sport Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The car is quick and handles the corners it's really fun to drive. Easily love this car.
Cons: Little stuff is always breaking down on it including switches, window regulators, water pumps an the colant system, replaced upholstery trim, and the list goes on and on in the things I had to fix in a yr. Then the extended warranty co. went out of business, and now I have an overpriced lemon with no warranty. You need to have deep pockets or be able to repair cars yourself to own a used Audi.
Overall review: The car is great to drive, but a pain to owne.
Review ID: #519605 Is this review offensive?
2002 Audi S4 review by Andy on 03/06/2007. Trim: 2002 Audi S4 Sport Sedan with Tiptronic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I am in Boulder so the turbo is great at elevation. The tiptronic shifts smooth and when I don't feel like bothering the auto is acceptable at it's shift point selection. It is basically a blank canvas for modification. Although it is nearing 3 generations old, the styling is timeless. Being that has been around long enough, there is a wealth of information out there, from DIY stuff (I like hands on when it comes to my cars) to what is too much to pay for repairs and what to expect... see below.
Cons: I bought this one used in Jan 2007 with 38.8K on the odometer. Within 700 miles I had to have the turbo return lines, cam tensioner seals and valve cover gaskets replaced, along with the coolant temperature sensors. Thank goodness for extended warrantees.
Overall review: I came from a Lexus GS430 that I had slightly modified. The reliability is not in the same realm as Lexus, but that is well documented. The Audi is much more of a drivers car where the Lexus was more like sinking into a nice lounge chair. As much as I loved the Lexus, I love the Audi equally if not more for totally different reasons.
the benchmark for interior design by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/06/2004. Trim: 2002 Audi S4 Sport Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: performance, interior design, quality of materials
Cons: exterior style looks dated. definately a sleeper
Overall review: wonderful car. pulls through all the gears. no turbo lag.
SuperS4 by Linze from Montana on 04/16/2004. Trim: 2002 Audi S4 Sport Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quick responding, great handling even in winter conditions, firm but pleasant ride. Great acceleration in passing. You can really feel the turbos kick in. Smooth cruise ride for trips. Compact feeling with quick response to handling.
Cons: No preset memory positions for the seats like on my 1996 A6. Sometimes has a slight lag when accelerating from a slow speed ( slipping into manual triptronics does solve this).
Overall review: I really like this car. It serves all my needs for a fast, quick handling, sporty car yet in a sedan form. I live in an area that has severe winter weather, which is why I drive Audis with Quattro drive. This car gives me everything that I desire in a car. I'm selling my vintage Lotus Europa
Audi Service is Deplorable. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2002 Audi S4 Sport Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The best overall performance car in its class. It's hard to put it away or ignore it when it's parked. The interior and exterior quality are the best available anywhere. Today's high-tech muscle. It will put you back in your seat in all six gears.
Cons: The dealer network is truly terrible. Service after the sale is the main reason I would refrain from blindly recommending this car (or any Audi) to friends. I have had a few service issues with my S-4. I have found it very difficult to get the service departments to fix the problems quickly and accurately. Is 14-21 days advance notice for routine servicing good? Tire noise is excessive with minimal wear to tread (Pirelli 6000s) Sun Roof vibrates and rumbles so loudly when opened fully that you need to close it to restore sanity.
Overall review: I truly love the car-overall. You'd be proud to have a car like this too, but it's a machine and it's not perfect. The real rub for me comes from the terrible service and the way Audi makes you feel while you're there getting your car worked on. We'll fix it when and if we can and you'll like it...cause you can't take it anywhere else!
2 3 4 5 6  Next