2002 Chrysler Sebring

Buyer Beware! Its a Chrysler! by Mike C on 09/05/2008. Trim: 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Bought used with 78,000 for less than $5500.00. New retailed for $18000. Mid Size car with Large Trunk, 150 HP 2.4 Cylinder adequate for car this size. Stereo. Automatic Shifter handle fits hand well. Comfortable seats. Thought this car might be a little safer for my daughter than a smaller econobox. Disc brakes all around on this car.
Cons: Resale bad, Tires can be noisy if you don't buy the right set. Brake dust builds up quickly on front wheels. Automatic door locks kick in at 10-15MPH, then stay locked until switch set to unlock, annoying when picking up people to work. Lint builds up on cloth seats. Not sure of gas mileage yet, but not too pleased so far. Gas gage seems to drop quickly when topped off. Have given up gas mileage for a little safety. Was sure to stay away from the 2.7L engine since they have been documented on several web sites to have oil sludging problems. Possible class action lawsuit if you are wondering. The ony manufacturer so far to deny extending warranty for this problem.
Overall review: Overall I like the styling better than the Taurus and this is the second Sebring I have owned. (Had a 2001 til it was wrecked) But if I had the money to buy a car again in this class size, I would have chosen either the Accord or Camry. They have much better econmy and reliability. I would really love to see some updates to these reviews and see what people are saying 5-6 years down the road. I bet these ratings would be vastly lower. So for someone interested in this car I would have to recommend you stay away from the 2.7L engine. If it goes bad you're looking at a very expensive engine change whether you do it at a garage, dealer or yourself. Used 2.7's run in excess of $2000.00 used from junk yard. I researched it all believe me. Bought some new tires from tire rack last week and it really quieted down the road noise. Still trying to gage the fuel mileage.Chrysler claims of 21-30. Hoping to get on average 24-26 range. Don't expect anymore than that though. I hope this was helpful.
Review ID: #532095 Is this review offensive?
Best car I've ever owned! by Kim on 09/21/2013. Trim: 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This has by far been the best car I have ever owned! In eleven years, the only major repairs I've had to make have been replacing the radiator and water pump. It has 174,000 miles and still runs as good as the day I bought it (brand new)!
Cons: Could have a little more leg room in the back seat.
Overall review: You can't get much better than the 2002 Sebring!
"Chrysler Convertible Lover" by Sharon on 05/28/2008. Trim: 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the classy, yet sporty look, with the open air and sun exposure with the top down. It handles great and I have had no major repairs, only regular maintainance such as brake pads. The gas mileage at 26 MPG average is great for the 6 cylinder engine. I also love the convenience of being able to haul large items with the top down, such as a boxed 36" TV and a gas grill.
Cons: It's a bit stiff and noisy on extremely bumpy, or rough roads.
Overall review: This is my second Seabring, my first being a 1999 model. I am looking forward to owning my third, the new hardtop, after they get the bugs out. I bought this car used with 43,000 miles on it and it now has over 85,000 miles on it with no repair costs to date other than brake pads, etc. I would recommend this car to anyone who love the freedom it gives.
The Sebring by Krystal from San Francisco, CA on 02/29/2004. Trim: 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The sleek style of the convertible Sebring fits my personality. This convertible offers full back seats, unlike most other convertibles, so your passengers also ride in comfort. With the top down, you can also haul big stuff like furniture that with a smaller car, you couldn't.
Cons: The trunk size is limited.
Overall review: This is a great car for its performance, ease of use, and price. I would highly recommend the Sebring convertible to anyone who is in the market for a full-sized convertible.
The Fun Mobile by brickhouse from Stafford, VA on 09/17/2003. Trim: 2002 Chrysler Sebring Limited Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: I really enjoy driving this car.