2002 Honda Passport

2002 Honda Passport Prices
2002 Honda Passport Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Never left me stranded... good enough for me! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/19/2013. Trim: 2002 Honda Passport, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Good looking; Reliability; Cargo Room; Towing
Cons: Noisy; Resale, ABS light came on after just couple months
Overall review: Purchased it new in 2002 fully aware that it had questionable reliability, mainly because it was thousands cheaper than the Toyota Highlander. But after owning it for 10+ years, I can say that it has exceeded my expectations. Never had any problems with the engine or transmission. I have over 200,000 miles and it still runs great. I can drive 6 hours straight through the desert with the a/c blasting and it isn't fazed at all. I also get 23MPG on the freeway which is excellent for such a heavy vehicle. It's not all rosy though as there are plenty of negatives. It is the nosiest vehicle I have ever owned. The engine, rattles, squeaks, wind, road, tire... you name it, you will hear everything. It does not handle snow or rain very well. The seats are uncomfortable on long rides.
Review ID: #571951 Is this review offensive?
Has Been a Worthwhile Vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/13/2011. Trim: 2002 Honda Passport 2WD EX, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I bought my vehicle new. I have never had a moment's trouble with it other than the normal maintenance (batteries, wiper blades, tires, etc.). I replaced the front brakes the first time at about 54,000 miles, and the rear brakes this year at just under 60,000. Long-lasting plugs, wires, etc. Have not had to replace any of the electrical, water pump, engine parts, belts. It runs smooth, has fast pickup, good power up hills.
Cons: Lack of electric adjustable driver's seat; a little unsteady taking curves at higher speeds.
Overall review: This has been a very good vehicle for me. The few cons are surmountable, though if I had known prior to the purchase, I would probably have gone in a little different direction. Although it is nearly 10 (and having only a bit over 60,000 miles), this will probably be the last vehicle I own. It has been worth it.
MANS SUV by A MSN Autos Consumer on 01/05/2003. Trim: 2002 Honda Passport 4WD EX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: i love my honda passport, im a teenager and its great to drive and carry many things around. ive gone off roading and the 4 by 4 works great. the acceleration is good.
Cons: none
Overall review: GREAT
regular suv by Ralph on 07/21/2005. Trim: 2002 Honda Passport 4WD EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The comfort.
Cons: It uses too much gasoline.
Overall review: from 1 to 5 , i'll give it a 4.
Sorry excuse for a SUV by DALLAS TX on 06/04/2004. Trim: 2002 Honda Passport 2WD EX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I DO NOT LIKE ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT THIS PIECE OF JUNK THEY CALL AN SUV !!!!
Cons: I DISLIKE EVERYTHING. The brakes (ABS) are out, 3 mos after buying it new, the TRANSMISSION is out 40,000 miles had to replace it, IT WAS THE WORST INVESTMENT I HAVE EVER MADE.
Overall review: Overall review of this vehicle. - awful awful car to have.....
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next