2002 Chevrolet Venture

Don't Buy One by Robert From Ontario on 02/06/2007. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Venture Regular Wheelbase LS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The seating, entry and exit, ease of taking seats out.
Cons: Hard to start at times, Dealer says 'it's a normal function of the starting systems on the GM line-up'. Intake manifold gaskets replaced at 85,000km-Arn't the head gaskets made of the same material,and are being corroded by the GM Dex-Cool Antifreeze. Horn hard to sound. Cold draft coming into passenger compartment at center console. Driver's side window wants to keep going up after it has reached it's upper limit. Very wobbly in cross winds or mountain driving. Steering wheel squeeks, told it's normal, then dealer had to replace'Stub Seal Kit' in steering rack(only because I still had extended warranty). Rear wiper leaks down window instead of spraying.
Overall review: Very worried once warranty expires. Every time I bring up an issue, I'm told it's normal for this vehicle. I've driven and worked on alot of vehicles, these problems are not normal and should be addressed by the dealerships rather than explaining them away as being 'normal'.
horrible by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/06/2005. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Venture Extended Wheelbase Warner Bros. AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Good for a large family to travel in.
Cons: Mechanically is not good.
Overall review: Would not recommend it or buy it again. I bought mine new and have spent approx $2000.00 + a year in repairs.
Good for as Long as the Warranty Lasts by Need a Reliable Car in Missouri on 04/23/2005. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Venture Extended Wheelbase Warner Bros. AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The appearance and comfort of this vehicle can't be beat. The entertainment system is great for long trips and the gas mileage is better than expected.
Cons: Once the warranty runs out, I suggest trading in this vehicle, although it hasn't retained it's value at all so that's hard to do. Service during warranty could have been better and if properly addressed we would not be having all of these problems now. Problems with the a/c, leaking intake gasket, and this vehicle using oil(which we were told during warranty was normal, now it's not--its a problem) were some of the problems. Another was that every once in a while, the car would not start since we got it, warranty expires, it quit starting altogether and had to be repaired. Parts are not available at part stores yet b/c it's too new...so make a more reliable car that doesn't need parts!
Overall review: This will be my last GM car and I hate to say that because I have family members that work for GM so I have always tried to buy GM. But when you are forced to get rid of a problematic vehicle every 3 years for major problems, it really hits the pocketbook. If they would stand behind their product, I would be more apt to look at another Chevy.
Dreams of owning a honda by Ventured too far!! on 03/16/2005. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Venture Regular Wheelbase Value, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice Van when new, many features, perfect for families
Cons: Lots of problems with this van once it goes over the warranty, has cost me over $6000.00 since it left warranty over and above regular maintenance. Can ayone say LEMON!!!!
Overall review: Very bad buy!!! The extra expenses to keep it on the road after warranty are certainly annoying. Too many problems to list, but I have spoken with 5 Venture owners who have had to replace head gaskets at around the 100,000 KM mark which costs about $1500.00. I have seen about 10 Ventures (including my own) that has the paint on the Hood peeling for no apparent reason. Chevrolet has tried to explain to me that it is because I use a snow brush that this happens, my reponse was that if I can't get the snow off of my windsheild without the paint on the hood peeling off, they shouldn't sell it where there is winter!!!
problem child by Ed, MA on 02/13/2005. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Venture Regular Wheelbase LS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It starts
Cons: have 60 k on it, have had to replace head gaskets (50+K) transmission has glitch at low end but dealer says it is normal ... yeah right...
Overall review: it runs ok
Review ID: #461971 Is this review offensive?