2002 Pontiac Firebird

2002 Pontiac Firebird Prices
2002 Pontiac Firebird Fuel Economy
Thought powered speed by uw06670 on 04/09/2009. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Coupe, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Phenomenal acceleration, effortless speed. Solid handling and braking. Very comfortable front seats. 6 speed manual has very well selected gear ratios. 26 mpg highway at 85 mph. zero defects or breakages. The LS1 V8 has more torque at 1,000 rpm than most cars have period. Great car for the sun with T-tops off. Nice factory stereo.
Cons: Cockpit not very roomy. Doesn't have many advanced comfort features, this isn't a luxury car. High performance cornering isn't as confidence inspiring as many other sports sedans/cars. Rear seats will not accomodate an infant (rear facing) car seat. Limited trunk space. Don't even think about snow driving, even with M+S tires.
Overall review: I drove a Trans Am for 6 years and I came to realize that if I could think it, the car could do it. Limited passing space, no problem. Need to get in front of that other car before the lane ends, sure. It always had more power available when asked. This car is for those who want to go fast, end of story. Its not a good grocery getter, but is a fine daily driver (except in winter).
The only shame is that they don't build cars like this anymore. by Italian Capricorn from Brooklyn on 07/16/2009. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Firebird Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car is a classic. The 3.8 V6 coupled with the Automatic shift very smoothly and powerfully. It is also a very strong car. The doors have a solid feel when you slam them. Attention to fit and finish, even in a car that is almost eight years old, is very impressive. Mine has 82,000 miles on it and it never fails to impress. The T-Tops are awesome! The ABS and Traction Control are great. The front leather searts are super comfortable. The back bucket seats can fit two children and they fold for added cargo room. The air conditioning is super cool.
Cons: The only problem that I had was an electrical short with my front headlight that causes bulbs to burn out prematurely.
Overall review: If GM had continuied to build vehicles like this, they would be facing bankruptacy today. I told everybody that I brought this car for my 18-year old son, but I had a midlife crisis just driving it. I'm pushing 50 and it brought out the teenager in me. I have no regrets purhasing it. It's a blast to drive and pretty reliable. It's also an excelllent looking car. You see many of them on the road and now I understand why.
My Blue Friend by Tom on 03/26/2009. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Firebird Convertible, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The 2002 has been an excellent vehicle - like my 1998, the vehicle has been reliable, sporty, and continues to draw stares and get raves about how beautiful the car is.
Cons: A transaxle noise notable in the convertible
Overall review: I continue to love the design with flowing lines and much preference ove the camaro of the same year.
Vastly Underated by Mark, Huron Ohio on 09/08/2006. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Convertible, Owned 5 years.
Pros: EVERYTHING. The Pontiac Trans Am I bought was a car that was rated by the so-called experts as are most domestic automobiles as a poor choice. I confess I believed them. NO More. This car looks,handles,performs,and dominates in every catagory. Since then I purchased a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and guess what! The car only reenforced what I wrote before. It's time for these "experts" to go to some basic automobile class and learn something like, how a car works. And then give some credit where it's deserved!
Cons: They stopped making it
Overall review: Great car, Great ownership experience, Will definetly buy another Pontiac!
My all time favorite car. by Chris from Greenville, SC on 01/24/2004. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have had two T/A WS6's, an '01 and an '02. Both of them pulled over 325 Hp and 345 lbft of SAE corrected down torque at the WHEELS!!!! My buddies stock Corvette Z06 only pulled 350/350 at the wheels. This was one of the most underated performance vehicles in the last 20 years. Off the show room floor and pulling high 12 seconds in the quarter mile. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention it stops and turns pretty good too! With the agressive stance and the styling cues from the RAM AIR hood, their isn't a much meaner looking car around and unlike most other cars with agressive styling, this baby ain't all just looks she's got it where it counts too.
Cons: The traction control system is good, but it would have been nice to get the same control system as the corvette that helps adjust for understeer. It would have been nice if a HUD was offered, but alas no HUD was ever offered on the bird...
Overall review: This is one of the all time greatest muscle/pony sport cars with a legendary American V8 in it. I love the feeling of redlining 4th gear at about 135Mph and knowing that I still have two gears to go. With the aftermarket blower kits available, you can take one of these babys to about 450~500 Hp at the wheels for an extra $5k. Pick one up used in the $teensK and add a blower and you got yourself a car that will outrun just about anything short of a ferarri.