2002 Buick Park Avenue

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Most comfortable I have ever owned - including Ford, Chevrolet, Cadillac. by Peg from Upstate New York on 06/12/2011. Trim: 2002 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, Owned 7 years.
Pros: We purchased our Park Avenue Ultra in 2004 (it was a leased vehicle) and had some 32000. miles. In excellent condition - with many extra such as a 12 CD player installed in the trunk. It now has some 90000 miles and is still basically sound. It has been well maintained and continues to run extremely well. At time of purchase there was still a warranty but we chose to purchase an extended warranty which proved to be an excellent investment. There have been NO major problems which could not be corrected immediately by our Buick Dealer. I am disappointed that Buick chose to discontinue this model This is the third Park Avenue we have owned.
Cons: There is nothing to dislike about this car - at least from my perspective. It has served me well and with proper maintenance and care will continue to do so.
Overall review: Excellent vehicle - I would certainly purchase another if they were on the market.
An electronics nightmare by Golden Flash on 12/07/2004. Trim: 2002 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I am a fan of the supercharged 3800 V-6. Great fuel economy for such a powerplant.
Cons: I've just decided to sell the vehicle after 2 years and approximately 40K miles due to chronic and apparently illusive problems with the electronics. These problems have been manifested by spontaneous blowing of the horn; by repeated computer sensor warnings to "service stability system"; by a defective yaw sensor (replaced); by a defective air bag assembly in the steering wheel (replaced); I have also had the catalytic converter replaced. Most recently, the controls for the HVAC appear to work only selectively--the fan has gone "dormant" in two day stretches. Yesterday, the compass display ceased to function. I've had big GM cars before, none with these problems.
Overall review: I gather from other reviews that Ultra drivers have not been similarly afflicted by problems with this car's electronics, controls and computer. I am glad if that's the case. This was my last Buick. I have had far better luck with Volvo's. A word about dealers: my Buick dealership was friendly and courteous, but clueless. And whereas the Volvo dealer--also friendly and courteous-- always offers me another vehicle when I must leave mine for service, Buick just offered a shuttle ride back to the house or my business.
The best car ever by The spaniel dog from Daleville, VA on 06/04/2004. Trim: 2002 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great performance.
Cons: Gas milage could be better
Overall review: I have purchased nine new cars so far in my life. Some were foreign, like V.W. and Audi. Also American cars like Chevrolet and Oldsmobile and now Buick. This is the first car of any kind that I have no problems what so ever; it is two years old with 20,000 miles and except for normal maintenance, has not been to then dealer yet. From now on I will only buy cars, mini-vans or SUV from Buick.
One of the last Full Grown cars by Pattie from Grand Ledge, MI on 04/20/2009. Trim: 2002 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This vehicle is an ultra riding car and gets excellant gas mileage for a full sized car. I get between 29 and 35 mpg on the highway and apx. 28 in the city. It looks like a new car. It has a brand new transmission and new ceramic brakes and front struts as well as new tires and new front wheel bearing assemblies. There is lots of room in the trunk. It also has a CD player and cassette tape player and genuine leather seats. It has been very well taken care of and has only 78,000 (apx.) miles on the odometor.
Cons: There isn't anything about this car that I don't like.
Overall review: This would be an excellant car for anyone that wants to ride in comfort and still get "good" mileage.
Fine US Luxury Automobile by John M. on 08/20/2004. Trim: 2002 Buick Park Avenue Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 1. lots of interior room 2. mileage (for a full size car) is about 22 MPG which is good. 3. front wheel drive 4. a lot of accessories and features for the price 5. superior, smooth ride
Cons: 1. assembly of car was sloppy. some panels/doors don't line up on ouside of car, interior looks like it was assembled on a friday afternoon just before quitting time. 2. upgraded stereo system sounds good, but resonates with some of the interior plastic panels causing ugly vibration sounds and buzzings when played loud. Can't play stereo too loud.
Overall review: GM (Buick) designed a great car. They just need to make sure that the assembly folks build it with the same spirit that it was designed.
2 3 4 5 6  Next