2002 Chevrolet Prizm

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Prices
2002 Chevrolet Prizm Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
chevy prizms from prizm girl's view by prizm girl in NNY on 08/11/2010. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi, Owned 9 years.
Pros: good car, good mpg, solid.
Cons: they don't make them anymore. the 2002's seem to be a little less good.
Overall review: Our '93 model has never had a check engine light come on, except at startup,but the 2002's both had evap trouble. My family had two from this year but dad wrecked the stick in 2008. He was ok, just sprained his thumb, but poor Blueberry (car) was totaled. We still have the other '02, which is automatic. It has 79,000 something miles and it has only needed maintance and evap fixed. We got the stick one in 2005 and had it till '08. We'd still have it if it hadn't been wrecked. The other one was bought new.
by NIGHTOWL1050 FROM FLA. on 07/05/2004. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: everything....it has been absolutely trouble free
Cons: acceleration is a little slow with the air conditioning running
Overall review: i would recommend this car in a heartbeat!!
Reliable little car by nikki from california on 03/26/2003. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is a great car for first time buyers. It's comfortable, quite and a joy to drive. I have had no problems with it and I'm a person who does not perform regular maintenance. It stands up to my abuse. I leased, but I think I'll hang on to this car when my lease is up
Cons: The back seat doesn't go down for more trunk space. Oddly enough I have every added feature, CD player, power locks, A/C, but no power windows. Kind of unusual. Also, it idles high.
Overall review: I love it......everyone should buy one!!
A broken down view on the oil consumption by Casey on 04/21/2014. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Prizm, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I have owned this car for four years now, bought it when it had 135,000 miles on her, she now has 185,000. She has ran smooth for the most part, before I bought the car I had read about the excessive oil consumption so I am pretty good about checking my oil everytime I fill up for gas. I love the tiny size of it because I can park anywhere but she still has a ton of storage, especially in the trunk. She gets fairly good gas millage, even better gas milage if you keep a good eye on the oil and keep her topped off. She is not the most sytlish car but I honestly do not care about that factor, she runs good and has yet to have broken down.
Cons: I am 5' 10'' and I wish the seat was just a tad taller
Overall review: Everyone who has owned this car and wrote about it seems to have said something about the excessive oil consumtion, and I too have it but to be fair mine is not too bad. I may add a quart everytime a fill up (about once a week) but I want to break it down to math. I fill up when I am down to a quarter of a tank, I also get about 30 to 35 mph. I buy the pensoil sythetic blend for older cars (do not buy regular oil for thiscar she will eat that stuff so fast) the oil will run me about 17 dollars for five quarts, which lasts me five weeks if I keep on on it. It costs me no more than 40 dollars on a fill up and that is only if I run her to the point of the gas light coming on. So for every 500 or so miles my car costs maybe 57 dollars with gas and oil. If you keep up on your oil and take care of this car she is not all too bad. I would recomend this for new drivers because this is my first car and I have put on 60,000 miles and she is far from dieing.
A dependable Car by Happy Camper on 02/09/2014. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This is a wonderful vehicle and virtually trouble free. After twelve years I've never had this car in for repairs other than for routine maintenance and oil changes. This car may be simple in design but it's dependable, has adequate pickup (even in interstate traffic) and extremely good gas mileage. If anyone is looking for an inexpensive but dependable vehicle, the Chevy Prizm should serve you well.
Cons: I dislike nothing about this car. I only have high praise for a simple little car that has served me well for 12 years.
Overall review: Personally, I think Chevrolet GM made a tremendous mistake when they discontinued the Prizm.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next