2002 Pontiac Grand Am

"IT MY LITTLE SPORTS CAR" by AIREANNE IN POCATELLO on 12/01/2004. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I LIKE THE DEPENDABILITY OF THE GRAND AM I HAVE HAD A LOT OF POSSITIVE FEED BACK ON THE COLOR AND THE SLEEKNESS OF THE CAR. THE CAR HANDLES REALLY WELL IN THE SNOW AND GETS GREAT GAS MILIAGE ON THE HIGHWAY.
Cons: I REALLY HAVE NOT HAD ANY ENGINE PROBLEMS. KNOCK ON WOOD.....JUST THE PAINT HAS PEELED OFF THE FRONT BUMPER, BUT NOTHING THE WARRANTY HAS NOT COVERED. I'M SURE WHEN I HAVE TO FIX IT AGAIN IT WILL BE EXPENSIVE. GREAT CAR
Overall review: GOOD CAR
bad news by Alex from Ohio on 12/02/2012. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: none
Cons: see overview
Overall review: Car has been nothing but problems for me. Constant electrical issues. Window regulators continually go out. Not even close to 32 mpg highway. No power/acceleration.
Lemon Lies In Wait For Its Next Victim by ColbyCheese on 03/10/2012. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The car looks great on the outside.
Cons: Problems I've had dashboard peeled up, visor mirror hinges broke, cardboard in the visor became bent very easily, ETS - Traction system stopped working, ABS light came on and brakes started squeaking, Turn signals only work part of the time, don't come on at all a lot of times, cd player broke, manual window regulator broke and window fell inside the door, paint on buttons comes off every time you press a button ac vents fell apart, , radio lights went out completely, paint fades very fast and a lot chipped off. I work as a delivery driver for a pizza place and the ignition broke and left me stranded. I couldn't finish my shift.
Overall review: THIS IS A TERRIBLE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't buy it unless you like throwing money away. I came up with a list 3 pages long of all the problems I had with this car. The problems I listed in the cons is only part of the things that went wrong for me. I can't work at my job as a delivery driver for two days until I get the title for my new truck because of this lemon. This car has caused major problems for me and for my parents who only want the best for me : _ ( including nearly causing me to wreck because I was struggling to get the turn signals to work by pressing the hazard light button. WORST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once you fix a problem with this car, don't expect it to stay fixed.
The Cucumber of Cars: by Midwestern Lady on 08/09/2004. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Wonderful car...sporty...not a
Cons: None!
Overall review: A good buy for the price...will turn heads!
Review ID: #442031 Is this review offensive?
Lots of Problems by Jaydei from Pittsburgh, PA on 07/20/2008. Trim: 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Bose Stereo System: Great pick-up, Torque-power
Cons: Unreliable: Continuous Maintenance Problems: Terrible in Inclement Weather: Poor Customer Service
Overall review: I owned the 2002 Grand Am GT Sedan for about 1.5 years -- bought it new. Had on-going problems with the transmission, took it to 4 different GM dealerships -- NONE could figure out the problem. Car would shift hard (it was an automatic) between gears and also when put into gear (ie: from Park to Drive/Reverse). Also, the tires are "sporty", so were terrible in the weather -- rain or snow. Was VERY disappointed with the Grand Am GT.