2002 Cadillac DeVille

American Luxury by Citation-X, Los angeles, California on 02/21/2003. Trim: 2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This Cadillac Luxury car is the best in luxury cars ever built. It cost much less than an import, yet can easily beat it in everything. above all, this car represents luxury made by my country which I love, USA luxury. I liked the smootheness of the ride,, the leather smell, onstar system, automatic fluids, oil, ext readings, ect. Over all, this car competes with the Lincoln town Car, but both are made by american pride.
Cons: Front Wheel Drive
Overall review: I love this car, it's a very luxurious car, and gets exelent gas milage for a luxury can and it's size with power. this luxury car is one of the most powerful luxury V8 ever to be made....
Class and dash.... by Caddy Daddy in Columbus on 09/26/2005. Trim: 2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The monochromatic look is classy and understated, plenty of power in reserve thanks to the Northstar system, and excellent gas mileage for a vehicle of this stature.
Cons: OIL LEAKS-OIL LEAKS-OIL LEAKS...my car just turned 60,000 miles and is off the manufacturers warranty, I have an extended contract thru NAC...I have had this car at the dealer's 3 times for this same problem.....NAC says that the engine's gaskets are "seeping" and will not repair until they leak...hmmm, isn't a seep the same as a leak? So, in other words, they won't fix until Niagara Falls is on my garage floor..I had the same problem with my 1999 DeVille, dealer said, verbatim, the leaks were "benign" and were not worth lifting the engine to cure....after the manufacturer's warranty expired these were considered "major oil leaks". Cadillac suspensions could be stronger, more reliable.
Overall review: One needs a bottomless cash vault to own this car considering the outrageous repair/maintenance schedules. Aside from the horridly astounding oil consumption of it's Northstar engine, weak suspension and brakes, it is as gracefull as a gazelle, sips gas slowly like a Chevy, and can be driven like a BMW 740. With a little more refinement and re-engineering (Northstar oil leaks!), this could be one of the world's top class performers.
the ultimate car by busyed on 07/11/2009. Trim: 2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: owned new, now 7 yrs old, still best looking ,riding car on road, 20mpg town, ( FL) easy 27mpg highway at 70- 75mph 1st set front brakes 58k, 1st set tires at 42k,change oil every 5 k miles wonderful , well built auto
Cons: burns 2 qts oil every 5k miles, computor problem almost $400 to fix, altho never car never broke down or had to be towed in 7 years
Overall review: this car was best buy of any auto sold ,better than any import, merced, lexus etc
Rides Like a Dream, Drives Like a Sports Car. by Dwight on 12/16/2008. Trim: 2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great looking car, rides like a dream, can pass on a dime and still gets and average of 19 mpg to and from work. All kinds of room, leather, power everything, heated seats, 2 people memory on seats, mirrors and radio. I have the upgraded radio and 6 disk CD, unhooked the back subwoofer and hooked up 2 12" subwoofers, woooofffff!! This thing even has side airbags. Lots of room in the back seat, again with heated seats, Did I mention it rides like a dream and it is a head turner. I drive this car like a sports car and it responds very well, love the deep growl when you step on it! Very reliable.
Cons: A little more wind noise than I expected, $500 to replace the rear window motor and this wasn't at the dealer, with a Cadillac it seems like parts are more expensive than other GM cars with the same parts. It is a liitle expensive to maintain, but my previous Cadillac was also. When I hit 105 mph I learned it has a speed limiter on it and I couldn't go any faster. The center console latch is real flimsy and falls off all of the time.
Overall review: I've had this car for a little over a year and I still smile evrytime I get into it, Cadillac really did it right with this car. I like a nice quiet ride with very little bumps and this car meets both these needs under 70 mph, then it gets kinda noisy, but it rides like a dream and I just turn the radio up a little. When you drive this car you feel like you are in a luxury car. I bought this over a Lexus GS400 because I liked the room, the ride and the styling. I traded in a Corolla and when I parked it next to the Lexus, they were almost the same size, Also I figured it would still be cheaper to fix than a Lexus. I thought about buying a newer one, but I love the blue color and this car just seems suited to me.
dhs is a nice car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/01/2007. Trim: 2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I Like the some what sporty style and look of the deville for a big car. the ride is good and it dont handle that bad for what it is.
Cons: the drivers seat wears and the heated seat wires show throu and the seat gets uncomfortable. and you here a lot of road noise even with new tires.
Overall review: overall the deville is a nice car for what it is a luxury car. I am 46 years old and I dont think that its just a old mans car. if you want a car that handles like a bmw or a vette than buy one thats my view on it.