2002 Mercury Sable

Decent Car by Don from PA on 02/26/2011. Trim: 2002 Mercury Sable LS Premium, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Good car
Cons: Non
Overall review: Bought it used with about 10,000 in 2005 now has 153,000+ and still running strong. Has a small oil leak but overall still in good condition. Never had any major repairs. Never let us down. I would buy another one.
I BOUGHT A LEMON by JW from VA on 04/29/2004. Trim: 2002 Mercury Sable GS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Plenty of interior room, huge trunk, very safe. It has some
Cons: I bought a used 2002 in 2002. It had about 22,000 miles on it. It is the most unreliable car I've ever purchased. Multiple electrical problems. I replaced the windshield wiper motor 3 times in the first 2 months. I don't even remember how many relays have had to be replaced. I've had to have it towed to the mechanic b/c it wouldn't start. The passenger side of the axle had to be replaced. The interior door panels are coming apart etc, etc, etc... This car was undrivable for at least 6 of the past 12 months. I guess that's one way to keep the miles low. In town mileage is horrible (approx. 10-15 mpg).
Overall review: It's working fine at the moment so I hope we are through the kinks, but I don't think I'd buy another one after this experience. It's left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't wait to be able to trade it in, but that won't be for awhile considering it's trade in value is only about $4900 and I owe more than twice that price on it. All I have to say is thank the Lord for good mechanics and extended warranties (even if they don't cover everything). I don't know if you should buy one or not. The other reviews look OK. I guess I just got a lemon.
Gotta love this Merc by Sit'n on leather in Lacey on 04/22/2009. Trim: 2002 Mercury Sable LS Premium, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Comfort and covience are luxury like. Performance and handling is great for a sedan this size [3.0 liter], compares with my wifes 3.8 liter Buick Regal LS. Compass in rear view mirror is a plus.
Cons: Glove box doesn't hold much. smallish outside mirrors
Overall review: My son purchased this car in 2006 for $5500 [good deal then]. It had a clean history and all maintenance records ,he was the second owner. It had 114,000 miles on it,125,000 now. Last month when he decided to get a truck, trade in value was only $2100 dollars. I had driven it a few times and liked it so much I purchased it from him. He has maintained it well and kept records also. Great $2100 Deal For Dad!!!
2002 mecury sable LS very nice car by Alan, Mesa Arizona on 07/25/2008. Trim: 2002 Mercury Sable LS Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We got our 2002 mercury sable LS in July 2008 and has 137,000 miles on it. Our mechcanic said is a smoking car. We paid $2800.00 cash and he said its worth $6000-6500! We replaced one tire and the oil pan needs repalcement at $275.00, but all in all is a nice car. We have a carseat in it, for our toddler. We feel very safe in it. There is a 6 CD changer between the seats, the gas and brake pedal can come forward to you if your short, power seats, windows, etc. The mirror tells you what direction you are going.
Cons: Nothing I can think of.
Overall review: great car, leather seats.
the best buy by tallguy78 on 06/26/2008. Trim: 2002 Mercury Sable GS, Owned 6 years.
Pros: best car I ever had. I now have around 37k plus gets 19 around town and 27 on the highway no problems
Cons: none
Overall review: highly recommended