2002 Lexus IS 300

2002 Lexus IS 300 by Rock3sc on 08/06/2012. Trim: 2002 Lexus IS 300 Auto, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I have owned since new and got every option available on it. Still drives like the day I bought it. Very powerful engine and no problem in the passing lane. I now have 120,000 miles. Would have been nice if they had bluetooth available in 2002. Nice looking car still and I still get compliments on it to this day.
Cons: I just this week had my first parts replaced beside general maint. I had to get on of my Oxy. Sensors replaced (You have to take it to a dealer to find out which of the many sensors was bad or you would spend a lot to find the bad one. Also, the main reson I took it in was an A/C servo motor went out. I could have ordered it online for $257 dollars or so, but my grand total was around $1000. Not bad for an 11 year old car. That is the first and ONLY issues it has ever had.
Overall review: Very reliable car. Fun to drive, but the ride is "harsh" for some, but it is a sports sedan. Plenty of room for my twin boys in the back also. I have considered buying another (Next up would be an IS-F performance series). Best of all I get around 28 MPG on the highway, but it runs premium fuel only. These hold up.
Great Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/26/2009. Trim: 2002 Lexus IS 300 Auto, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Almost everything.
Cons: I have had almost zero problems with this car, but I have had to replace 2 of its 5 oxygen sensors in the past 3 yrs which cost $400 a pop. I'm not a big fan of having to use a higher octane gas, especially with gas prices now. The only other problem I've ever had with this car is having to constantly replace tires but I think that has more to do with my driving than the car. It is really hard to fit large items in this car, the back seats don't fold down. But the trunk is relatively roomy.
Overall review: It looks great and handles great. I have owned this car for 5 years and I have never regretted buying it. I have 116,000 miles and counting and it still drives like the day I bought it. I would definitely recommend this car. When I'm ready to buy a new car I will probably buy another lexus. The dealerships are great I've lived in 3 different states and they all treated me well.
Class & Performance by Alex on 10/31/2008. Trim: 2002 Lexus IS 300 Manual, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The IS300 look is just something that can't be explained. It's a great looking vehicle, and no one can ever quite put there finger on why that is. The acceleration and braking is aggressive. The handling of the car is outstanding. You can tell the car is perfectly balanced and can turn any corner with ease. The interior is stylish and refined. Nothing has that cheap feel to it. The stock bose sound system never really needs to be upgraded. It's an outstanding sound.
Cons: - It is a little bit underpowered for normal car standards now-a-days. - The cupholders don't do anything useful. A normal 20oz soda won't fit. - Makes you want to wash it the second there's a spec of dust on it.
Overall review: I've owned this car for about a year now, and I will be driving it into the ground, which at this rate and due to the quality of the car... will take a good long time.
THE SEXI LEXI by LOLO on 10/02/2007. Trim: 2002 Lexus IS 300 Auto, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons: NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall review: I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!
Lex Luther by Maggie on 05/17/2004. Trim: 2002 Lexus IS 300 Auto, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Two years & 36,000 miles on this car and I still love it.
Cons: My only complaints are about the tires. The low profile tires & aluminum rims are expensive to keep up with. They don't have a long life and are vulnerable to damage. It's not a Lexus problem - it just comes with the territory when you buy low profile tires. They're also slippery in snow and rain which is magnified by having rear wheel drive.
Overall review: This is a quality car that is fun to drive.