2002 Acura RSX

The BEST car I have ever owned! by Drum Major on 10/19/2008. Trim: 2002 Acura RSX Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Every positive thing you've read or heard about these cars is TRUE! I have driven many types of cars in my 50 plus years. From a luxury car to a classic sports car, this is the BEST automobile I have ever owned! Imagine a Honda Civic's (Honda makes the Acura) gas mileage and dependability with a luxury sports cars performance and you have the RSX! I am six feet tall and I am comfortable behind the wheel. All types of seat (and steering wheel) adjustments to find your maximum comfort level. The view of the road is great! Also, there is NO timing belt to have to change as there is with virtually every foriegn car on the road. Direct front-wheel drive eliminates any transmision problems.
Cons: The rear is cramped for 2 adults, but is fine for 2 kids and a dog.
Overall review: The car actually goes 100,000 miles between tune ups! My RSX has 107,000 miles on it, and STILL gets over well over 30 mpg on the highway. I know a bit about what's called "Hyper-miling". (Research the web to learn more about it) I actually average (Local AND Highway combined) 30mpg! I think you get the idea. The car holds it's resale value for good reason. The RSX is a sleek, dependable, safe, economical, luxury sports car that's fun to drive. Every available option (Moonroof, power everything excepts seats) is already included. What more can you ask for?
No Regrets!! by RSX-T Type S From Utah on 07/11/2008. Trim: 2002 Acura RSX Type S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very well built car. It has everything you could want in a 2-door sport coupe. Great acceleration, handling and overall performance. I get all that with the fuel enonemy you expect (over 25mpg) I have added a aftermarket turbo w/intercooler, 18" wheels, etc. and car is very fun, fast and a blast I still get around 28mpg. I purchased car in 2007 with 48000 miles on it
Cons: The leather seats are not the quality you would expect from Acura, It could use a center console, they give you a small tray next to the E-Brake
Overall review: This car is awesome. It's A Honda Civic on steriods Literally. Acura is the Luxury line for Honda like Lexus is for Toyota, Infinity for Nissan, Lincoln for Ford etc. The car has a great curb appeal and performance, low cost of ownership, great fuel econemy and Resale value. You might ask how is cost of ownweship low? I will tell you, you pay more in beginning but less maintenance, better fuel econemy, less repairs and breakdowns (With Reg Scheduled Maintenance, Oil Change and Care) and The best resale value by far very far I have sold cars for 12 years and nothing compares or even comes close to Acura/Honda Toyota Distant second then even more distant is everything else. No Regrets!!! The car won't give you any reason for it.
Acura's Prince by Rick from New Jersey on 02/14/2008. Trim: 2002 Acura RSX Type S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Everything! at the time this car came out, there was not too much in the market to compete.. The S2000 which is a Honda as well, was the only other car 4 cyl Non-turbo that could beat it.. It was a very eye catchie vehicle
Cons: Blind spots and torque.. It could be problematic when changing lanes not being able to see around you. And torque, Hondas are not known for take off power but in order to make it more desireable, torque should be improved.
Overall review: Excellent car.. if they would keep producing it, i would buy it again.. i had mine for 5 years and never had a a problem.. it is just a blessing and such a great car
Extrememly reliable and a ton of fun to drive. by Justin from Melbourne, FL on 10/09/2007. Trim: 2002 Acura RSX Type S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car is great, its handles very nicely and it is one of the most fun cars to drive on the road. The interior looks great, the front seats are comfortable. Steering feel is perfect and there is more than enough power to get you around. The ergonomics are excellent, everything is easy to see, reach, and use. For a Honda vehicle it's pretty quick, much faster than Civics and my buddies 92' Turbo Supra. The Auto AC works well. No problems mechanically.
Cons: It doesn't come with an armrest, I had to purchase one, a must for this vehicle. Winds noise at highway speeds, especially around passenger mirror. No heated seats or mirrors. Front wheel drive. Had to purchase fog lights and a spoiler even though it is Type-S.
Overall review: I really like this car, I went into the purchase knowing what the cons of it are and I am willing to live with them. Third gear had a grind when I bought the car, a common problem on the 6 speed tranny, I replaced the MTF with Synchromesh and it went away, no problems. This car is sporty but a 350Z or something similar would probably be better as long as you have another car for hauling stuff around. Overall I am very happy with my car, and I have owned a 2nd, 3rd and now this 4th generation Integra and they get better with each generation. Honda products for the win.
Awesome Car by Speed Demon on 10/27/2010. Trim: 2002 Acura RSX Type S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Fun car to drive, easy to zip around in traffic, excellent steering, looks great, good mileage.
Cons: Repairs cost a small fortune. Car eats AC compressors, now on #4. Had to replace 5th gear. Leather interior cracking. Extremely difficult to replace headlights. Blind spots. Disappointing quality for Honda.
Overall review: Great car, would buy again.