2002 Ford Ranger

the best truck ever had iit runs great and never broken down. by raquishi Ressler from Santa Fe New Mexico on 06/01/2011. Trim: 2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4WD - 394A, Owned 7 years.
Pros: what do I like about this vehicle? I like the way rides the power it has the gas mileage it gives me. Overall it is a good truck. She is strong pulls load good and doesn't leak oil over hundred thousand miles and never had to change spark plugs.
Cons: It is a little small but overall is the truck I have not much to say about dislikes
Overall review: I like my truck pays for itself the work it does and if I had to buy another one I'd buy one the same or a raptor.
My Daughter Wants a Truck?? by Howie from Lancaster PA on 11/21/2010. Trim: 2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2WD - 380A, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I purchased this vehicle to replace a '96 Ford Escort for a daughter in college. She wanted a full-size truck, but I thought this would work as a first truck. I like the fact that it has a 4-cyl. and a 5-speed manual transmission - great for gas mileage. The truck looks nice and seems to handle well. I also like the standard safety features like ABS and dual airbags.
Cons: Even though I'm not the daily driver of this truck, it's a bit tight for my 'husky' 6'3" frame. The steering wheel does not have a 'tilt' function and seems to be set low. Just 60 days after purchasing this vehicle we discovered that the clutch bearing was leaking and had to be replaced - a common problem with these vehicles according to our mechanic.
Overall review: A nice first-truck, with truck-like capabilities in an economical package. Hopefully the clutch problem was not a sign of things to come.
Love My Rangers! by Lean Rabbit from New Hampshire on 03/19/2010. Trim: 2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4WD - 396A, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I have not had very many mechanical problems with this truck or my previous 1998 Ford Ranger. They are very dependable, and you can push them far beyond their stated capacity for things like towing occasionally, as long as it is for short periods. They are also rather stylish, and the extra cab is good for groceries. Most repairs are fairly quick, and parts are usually interchangable with some Toyota models.
Cons: Seats are uncomfortable for long drives and the passenger part of the cab is not likely to fit someone that is full grown. Must keep truck exterior clean, as rust quickly develops in high salt areas, like the Northeast. Gas consumption is much better than a full size truck, but still high for most commuters. Sensors seem to wear out a lot - anti-lock brake sensor, airbag sensor, door sensor, etc. My current Ranger has had 3 different sensors replaced, but it wasn't expensive, just annoying.
Overall review: I love my Ranger! My current Ranger is the 3rd that we've owned, and I am looking to buy a new one. It's a very tough little truck, great for women who feel intimidated by a full size model. I can do anything I need to with it, although I would warn people that basically there is only room for a driver and passenger because the jump seats hold only dogs and cargo unless they plan to fold themselves in half. The only problem with them is that sometimes the sensors in different areas wear out. It's a perfect blend of want and need - if you need something to haul lawnmowers, rototillers, etc but you want something with better gas mileage than 12 mpg, this is your truck!
The Ultimate Truck for a small 4X4 with a V-6 by East Coast Rocker. Waldorf, Maryland on 07/16/2004. Trim: 2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4WD - 390A, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have test driven the similar Chevy S-10 Dodge Dakota as well as the Toyota Tacoma and the Nissan Frontieres with 4X4 and V-6 engines as well as with Manual and automatic transmissions and none of them came close to the Ranger in feel or power.
Cons: It is only to bad that it does not come with an optional V-8
Overall review: When they say Built Ford Tough it leaves the others in the dust. I have taken my stock Ranger XLT 4X4 to places where others with lift kits had a hard time getting through with hardly a problem. The other brand stock models did not have an easy time of it.
junk - buy a chevy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/03/2011. Trim: 2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4WD - 394A, Owned 9 years.
Pros: cost
Cons: poor quality , Fix Or Repair Daily , certainly applies to my truck . - will never buy another ford vehicle
Overall review: poor quality