2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

"Love My PT" by John on 05/06/2012. Trim: 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 10 years.
Pros: The most vertisile car i have ever owned especially for its size.Love the retro styling i now have 17,5000 on it and it runs great i have modifyed the suspension upgraded to larger performance tires and wheels upgraded the ignition and breathing systems ,i also upgraded the brakes with ceramic pads which improve the braking , the car handles and stops like a sports car i have improved the milage to 24/30 mpg and more engine performance . Its not a turbo but now performs like the 180hp turbo.Of course the car could always use more power but it does its job quite well.I love my PT not only for its versitility but what its potential was which i took advantage of and it was well worth it.
Cons: The real problem i can see like other belt driven engines is that you must change the belts and water pump at 95,000 to avoid problems and its not a job for most back yard mechanics, dealers charge approx $1200 for the job but thats the same and more for other cars.
Overall review: I read some of these reviews and some people hate the car those are the people that would hate any car only because they think the car should run without any real maintence, as long as you keep up with manitaining the PT on a regular basis it is just a great car we have 3 in the family and no real problems with any of them. If you are willing to make some changes to inhance the vehicle like i did you would really enjoy the PT even more than stock.These machines we call cars work hard for us rain or shine hot or cold we sure do ask alot of them so giving a little TLC wouldn,t hurt and for the haters i think they wouldn,t be satisified with any car except if it was maintence free.The most expensive cars made today have some real problems and no one can fix them except for the dealers and a exceptional repair shop and those basic cars take you to the same places as the expensive ones so unless you can afford it these little guys do just great. Enjoy
Very disappointed :( by Travis on 07/02/2010. Trim: 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Had plenty of room for friends, family, or storage
Cons: Broke down way to many times. Temp. gauge, water cooler transmission, etc
Overall review: Wouldn't really recommend this car to many people unless you find it dead cheap.
personal truck get it p.t. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/09/2011. Trim: 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition, Owned 9 years.
Pros: great car
Cons: it could do better mileage
Overall review: grrrrrrrrrrrreat little car peppy, powerful, paid for
Beware of the PT Cruiser Unless You Like Being Stranded by LutheranRev on 07/18/2011. Trim: 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Being 6'-2", I enjoyed the leg room in the driver's seat. It's hard to find a small car like this that has this much leg room. The factory sound system was okay, too.
Cons: Had it six moths, and then had a major overheating problem. It would run hot and even if it didn't, there was a violent bubbling sound in the engine when you turned it off. Took it to a mechanic twice, and never solved the problem. You couldn't drive with the air conditioning on without having it overheat which is not nice with a 9 month old on a hot, humid, summer day. It almost left me stranded! The day we took it to trade it in, it overheated at the dealer and blew fluids all over the place. For a 4 cylinder, it sure had poor gas mileage. I averaged 22-24 mpg per tank. I'd expect much better.
Overall review: Stay away from this vehicle! I am glad I am rid of it.
************PT 2002*********** by CALIOKIE on 08/01/2003. Trim: 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I just love the smooth riding the car has, and it seems to handle itself well, love the heated seats espically,!--- since i have arthritis makes it good, and all the electrical, (very satisfied w/the windows) and audio sound( sound is great) AM-FM ETC... CASSETTE,/> CD,<<< (was excited to see this) this was my 1st car to have CD in it. I like the netting it has also. I use it to haul my gro . in and it dont fall out.!
Cons: The cars brakes! you have to put pwdr on the brakes so they dont squeal . I have taken the PT in before on a warranty maintaince to the dealer, and they acted like they couldnt do anything for it, for the squealing of the brakes that is ! all they told me was to wash the inside of it w/ a hose. EveryMorning when i leave my garage it has a squealing, but not in the beginning when i bought it new. WHY! SO I HAVE TO DO THIS ALL THE TIME? WHAT! Thats what i had to do to my NEON was put a pwder on the brakes and still that didnt really help!!
Overall review: Over all I have really enjoyed driving this car, it has been a pleasure to have been with this car for 2 yrs now so far. It has all the features that i have been wanting in a car thus far. HEY BTW, WHAT DOES (PT) STAND FOR ?