2002 Lincoln LS

"Best Car I have Ever Owned" by Jamie on 07/22/2013. Trim: 2002 Lincoln LS V8 LSE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I purchased a 2002 Lincoln LSE in 2008. At the time the car already had about 97000 miles on it. I have owned it now for over five years. The only thing I have had to repair are 2 coils, and had to replace the clock spring, and heat and cool sensor under the hood. This is my second Lincoln LSE. The first one I totaled in a car accident, by the way it saved my life, due to safety features. I was glad to purchase my second one. Over all the car is a 10, however when it comes to repairs, take it to a dealer, which I highly recommend. They are quite expensive. But I would never the less go anywhere else to have them done. After my purchase of my last LSE, I also went to, Royal Purple oil.
Cons: I really do not have any cons, for this Lincoln LSE. It is a very reliable vehicle. And I must add, it compares to the high priced imports and performs better in my opinion. The best ride overall, great handling and overall just a great car, to get out and enjoy driving. I love the shift option on it, it is great in the mountains and on curvy roads. Really does have the feel of a standard shift when using this option, as it does give you full control on the car.
Overall review: Just really one of the best cars, I have every owned. Repairs are not for the weak of heart, as they can be quite expensive, but none the less well worth having done at the dealer, and not by a local mechanic. Keep all maintenance up to date. Keep the leather well cleaned. And exterior well clean and waxed, people will truely make comments on this car. I would put my 2002 up against any new 2013 car on the market.
great by ol roy on 12/10/2006. Trim: 2002 Lincoln LS V8 LSE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: really like
Cons: none
Overall review: great car
Costs much less then a 5 Series & drives just as well by Proud to Drive American on 12/22/2008. Trim: 2002 Lincoln LS V6 Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great styling that stands up next to the 300c and Charger, for a lot less money. Comfortable and gets good mileage for a car of it's size. Very reliable, starts right up in zero temps (with the original battery). Car looks very "high end" and comfortable in a sea of 3 and 5 series. Test drove all of the Bimmers and decided to save some major dollars and bought my 7 year old Lincoln which drives nearly as well. Fit and finish is second to none. To bad Ford decided to shutter the Wixom plant because they built one solid, heck of a car! Perfectly balanced and takes the curves like a true champion.
Cons: The trunk fits luggage, but I need to drop and load on the back seats to get all of my recyclables to the drop off station. Squirly (understatement) in the snow with standard tires. My 2001 Focus ZX3 had a better information computer.
Overall review: I bought my 2002 LS in Feb. of 2008 with only 24,000 miles in the odo. Now in December of 2008, I've only had to replace the break shoes (used ceramic/carbon which eleiminated the dust) and added a new set of snow tires. I forgot to mention...I now have 47,000 miles on the LS and have done nothing more then change the oil. To bad the MKZ and MKS are front wheel drive...guess I'll have to move over to the CTS when I'm ready to trade him in. No longer looking at Germany for my upscale ride. My LS proves that the good ole U.S.A. can build the perfect automobile that this 43 year old professional wants to drive. I have an E Class wagon and a 3 Series convertible that are going to sell this spring...I'd rather drive the LS.
The perfect sport sedan? by Dave, IL on 10/21/2008. Trim: 2002 Lincoln LS V6 Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the way it drives and handles, balance is great. A car I actually look forward to driving to and from work everyday. The styling is something that will last years and not look old, I get compliments on it all the time and it's 6 years old. Great V6 acceleration with good fuel economy. Used car luxury without the banker's knowing me by my first name!
Cons: Some slight condensation inside headlamps when raining. Could use more interior storage and an AUX jack on the stereo. The seat bottoms could be a bit longer to better support under longer legs. These are small issues, once you drive it they tend to be forgotten.
Overall review: Fantastic car at an unbeatable used car value.
black beauty by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/13/2007. Trim: 2002 Lincoln LS V8 LSE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Cons: Small Trunk
Overall review: Great Car