2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Fun little truck. by BW, in Louisiana on 04/13/2012. Trim: 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Owned 8 years.
Pros: It's been a good little truck, until I tried to fix the problem listed below in cons.
Cons: Covers for steering wheel mounted cruse control cracked and fell apart. Front interior lights and compass just above rear view mirror quit working. To repair the two items, the Ford dealer quoted me $1500.00 and charged me over $90.00 for the quote. Needless to say, I'm not having it repaired. Tried to get these parts through a junk yard and was told they were very hard to find, due to the low quality and high amount of these items being replaced. Sounds like I'm screwed. Ford has discontinued this vehicle, so I guess I'll have to go to another company when replacement time arrives. I've enjoyed the truck, but unbelievable charges like these leave a bad taste in my mouth..
Overall review: I have no other comments, other than the ones expressed above.
escape a good name by charley in san diego on 11/12/2009. Trim: 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2WD Choice, Owned 7 years.
Pros: four doors and still a truck
Cons: after service from dealer very poor..shocks are poor and transmission poor quality. Replaced tires and shocks by 35000 mi. reworked trans mission at 40,000 all done at my cost..told dealer of problem long before it happened. got no support to my complaints..
Overall review: The truck could be a great market value for ford, but it all goes out the window with poor quality and after purchase service by dealers.
Great vehicle by Bob from Georgia on 08/21/2009. Trim: 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD Premium, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The flexibility
Cons: The brakes. They wear quickly.
Overall review: I bought mine new and it is nearing 100k miles with no problems.
Review ID: #542086 Is this review offensive?
Ford 2001 Explore trac by Dodge City man on 05/20/2008. Trim: 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD Choice, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It runs really well no problems
Cons: I dont like leather seats
Overall review: This truck has been doing really well, It helps transport kids where they need to go.
Taking on the World by JD from Oklahoma on 12/11/2007. Trim: 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD Value, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I travel overseas and this truck has served me well in three countries (Mongolia, Zambia and Oman). It is rugged enough to handle most offroad conditions and stylish enough to draw praise for its looks and function. I am often traveling with groups driving Land cruisers, mercedes and land rovers. I can honestly say that in each instance, the drivers of these high end off road vehicles have commented on how well the sport trac held up under adverse conditions.
Cons: Fuel economy is not good.
Overall review: When it wears out, I will buy another one.
Review ID: #519751 Is this review offensive?