1996 Audi A6

1996 Audi A6 Prices
1996 Audi A6 Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Solid car, impressive reliability by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/27/2011. Trim: 1996 Audi A6 Quattro, Owned 4 years.
Pros: You know a car is good when the worst thing someone can say is the cupholders aren't the best. This car has 212,000 miles and is probably the most solid car I've ever owned. It has great frontal crash-test ratings (NHTSA), and performed very well in offset tests although wasn't rated in this. I work at a ski resort and have to be at work before the plows come.This car has gotten me through the worst weather you can imagine with no complaints. Use snow tires and you're nearly unstoppable. Ground clearance being your only limitation, which actually isn't horrible at 4.7 inches. The interior fit/finish and quality is above many newer Audis. The buttons feel like they will never break.
Cons: I've had a few minor problems on this car. A fuel fitting cracked, the windshield washer pump needed to be replaced and also the coolant reservoir needed to be replaced. I've also replaced some cracking vacuum hoses and brake hoses. Otherwise it's just been normal maintenance. If it were another car I might complain about the slow acceleration, but the truth is it's a non-issue if you know how to keep the torque where you need it. This reliable V6 hits peak torque at 3k RPM! That's stellar for a V6, and with its learning transmission you shouldn't be disappointed with power. Just floor it once in a while to keep the computer in the more aggressive mode. One con is the small right mirror.
Overall review: I bought a newer A6 (C5) and am blown away by the poor interior quality and the volkswagen components and feel. This '96 A6 has strong, sturdy metal control arms as opposed to the C5 which uses an unreliable and complex aluminum system. This car has a strong appearance with a long hood that leaves lots of room for engine maintenance and I believe is partially responsible for the safety ratings. I do wish it had side and curtain airbags but those weren't till later. These older A6's were the most reliable Audi, at least of the '90s. The 12v engine is a little rough around the edges but just keeps going and going! Visibility is excellent although the back-end is a little high. The seating position is also high for a sedan which is nice. This car is very stable at speed, but it's not a sports car. The wagon version of this car could hold 7 people, although 2 of them small. I do wish they offered a manual transmission this year. The s6 version of this car is rare but a great choice.
Best Car Ever by Whitney on 05/12/2008. Trim: 1996 Audi A6 Quattro, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Even at 14 years old and with over 200,000 miles it still looks good and feels solid. Excellent in the snow, great visibility, handling. It's not a sports car but a reliable, comfortable sedan/workhorse. I'd love to be able to keep it indefiinitely!
Cons: Cup holders are really invonveniently located.
Overall review: Everything about this car has exceeded expectations. I did my research prior to purchasing it used but still couldn't have anticipated what a great car it has been. I have been able to put 2 bicycles in the trunk, drive to remote locations in all kinds of weather, drive it back to the city, clean it up and go out on the town with it. At 206,000 miles it's starting to be a little quirky re: all the electrical buttons - but they're non-essentials and not a concern.
Great Luxury Sport Sedan by GreatAudi in Portland on 10/14/2003. Trim: 1996 Audi A6 Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great car. I had a right front tire blowout on the freeway going 70 mph, and it caused no problems with handling - I was amazed. The car has good interior room, and a large trunk. Handles well, and the car is very mechanically sound - I have over 110,000 miles on it, and the car looks and works great.
Cons: Wish the car was a quattro, and had seat heaters. I gave the interior rating an 8 because the glove compartment is too small, and the Arm rest attached to drivers seat above center console sags. I gave the performance rating an 8 because the car is not as quick accelerating, as I think it should be.
Overall review: I have been very pleased with the car. It is a 96, and yet it still looks and performs like new. It has been very reliable. Before this I drove a 89 Toyota 4Runner - which I drove into the ground. I thought of myself as a SUV person. After driving this car, a luxury sport sedan, I am totally sold on this genre of car, and the Audi A6 is an excellent example of this class. Car handles great at all speeds, and I feel completely safe having my family in this car.
1996 A6 Quattro by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/25/2012. Trim: 1996 Audi A6 Quattro, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Bought this car as the "kids" car a few years ago, but I drive it now, have a bad driveway in the winter (live in New England) and this car gets through snow & ice like nothing else, for a 17 year old car its great, no rust, the interior is perfect and no issues (it only has 98K miles now) only wish is was a station wagon
Cons: nothing really
Overall review: great car, hope i can hold onto it for 10 more years
greatest car ever by brittany from oregon on 09/27/2006. Trim: 1996 Audi A6 Quattro, Owned 10 years.
Pros: looks very nice, and for the most part, it's dependable, have had only minor troubles, but things that should have gone out in most cars that are 10 years old have not, battery finally needed to be replaced a month ago!! lights have not gone out, leather has on minor wear, but no tares or stains(have split things and dragged thing across seats and no wear from it) we get about 600miles on a tank of gass!! people always are surprised to find out that it is a 1996, thinking because of the style, that it must be much newer!!
Cons: that i didnt get one sooner
Overall review: it's definately in my opinion a must-buy!
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next