Gas Price Information
These prices are provided by OPIS. OPIS is the only comprehensive source of U.S. wholesale and retail petroleum prices, tracking more than 90,000 daily retail gasoline prices, and 70,000 rack and spot prices for heating oil, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, jet fuel, LP-Gas, residual fuel, natural gas and ethanol. More than 100 billion gallons of fuel are purchased annually based on an OPIS Price Index.
- Retail prices are derived from actual credit card transactions collected from Fleet Vehicles.
- Each day retail gasoline prices are compiled from more than 90,000 gasoline and convenience stores across the United States.
- Because of the way fleet vehicle credit card data is reconciled, prices for a given station can trickle in over a seven day period.
- Because 80% of gasoline that is purchased is for regular unleaded, 80% of the prices you will receive are regular unleaded.
- Prices shown are actual pump prices.
- Any discounts or rebates given to fleets are taken into consideration after the fact.
- Prices include all taxes.
OPIS rack-to-retail gasoline margins are available for every market in the U.S. back to 1996. For more information about OPIS pricing and news services call 1-888-301-2645 or visit the OPIS web site at http://www.opisnet.com. Reproduction without permission is prohibited. OPIS does not guarantee the accuracy of these prices.